Sunday, November 18, 2012

A carrot for your thoughts

Hello, this is Whatsupdoc, a student at the University of Michigan who is studying medicine. For the past year, I have been working in a neurology lab primarily studying a type of Hereditary Spastic Paraplegia, a progressive neurologic disorder that causes lower motor neuron deterioration affecting the lower extremities. It leads to stiffness and weakness in the legs and as the disorder progresses, disables the legs.

The focus of my blog will be broad. In summary, I want to talk about small tid-bits of every aspect of medicine! Social aspects, economical, ethical, cultural...I not only want to share what interests me, but I want YOUR critique. YOUR opinions. YOUR commentary. And anything you would like to share!

For those who would like to know more about Hereditary Spastic Paraplegia and/or for those feeling generous who would like to support the Hereditary Spastic Paraplegia Foundation, here are two links to the website for information and donations.




No comments:

Post a Comment